The surgery will be closed from 1pm on the 10th March 2020 and will open as normal at 8am on the 11th March.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you need medical advice whilst the surgery is closed, please call the Out of Hours services on 02920 444 500.
To ensure that the right care or service is provided to you, the receptionist may ask the reason why you wish to book an appointment when you telephone the surgery or come to the reception desk. It may not always be necessary to have an appointment with a GP.
The questions asked when booking aim to ensure you receive:
Reception staff, like all nurses and GPs are bound by confidentiality rule
- An appointment with the most appropriate heatlh professional
- The most appropriate medical care, at teh most, appropriate time, with the shortest wait
- Any information given by you is treated in strictest confidents
- The Practice takes any breach of confidentiality very seriously and will deal with it accordingly
- You can speak to a receptionist in private, away from reception on request
If you do not wish to discuss the issue, then you do not have to give a reason and we will respect this.
Thank you for your support
Following negotiations with Cardiff and Vale Local Health Board, it has been agreed that the surgery can redraw its boundaries. This is mainly to exclude the new Plas Dwr housing development and thus keep patient numbers to a level that allows us to continue to deliver the current standard of service.
The new Northen and Western boundaries run along the footpath between Danescourt and Radyr Comprehensive School and the pre existing build enviroment of Fairwater and Pentrabane. The Eastern boundary now runs all the way up Clive Road to Pencisly Road, along Pencisly Road to the cross road junction and back up Cardiff Road. Therefore, the following areas are now exluded from our surgery area:
- All new houses on the Plas Dwr development
- Thompson Park area
Currently registered patients living in these area can continue to be registered at the surgery. However, we will not be taking any new registrations from people living in these areas.